Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
IJCI applies the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license to articles. The author of the submitted paper for publication by IJCI has the CC BY license. Under this Open Access license, the author give an agreement to any author to reuse the article in whole or part for any purpose, even for commercial purposes. Anyone may copy, distribute, or reuse the content as long as the author and original source are properly cited. This facility helps in re-use and ensures that journal content is available for the needs of research.
If the manuscript contains photos, images, figures, tables, audio files, videos, etc., that the author or the co-authors do not own, IJCI will require author to provide the journal with proof that the owner of that content has given the author written permission to use it, and the owner has approved that the CC BY license being applied to content. IJCI provides a form that author can use to ask for permission from the owner. If the author does not have owner permission, IJCI will ask author to remove that content and/or replace it with other content that the author own or have such permission to use.
Many authors assume that if they previously published a paper through another publisher, they have the rights to reuse that content in their PLOS paper, but that is not necessarily the case – it depends on the license that covers the other paper. Author must ascertain the rights he/she has of a specific license (a license that enables author to use the content). Author must obtain a written permission from the publisher to use the content in IJCI paper. Author should not include any content in her/his IJCI paper without having the rights to use, and always give proper attribution.
The accompanying submitted data should be stated with licensing policies, the policies should not be more restrictive than CC BY.
IJCI has the right to remove photos, captures, images, figures, tables, illustrations, audio and video files, from a paper before or after publication, if these contents were included in author paper without permission from the owner of the content.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party